Prep time : 5 mins.
Cooking time : 15 mins.
- 2 Fillet Steaks
- 2 tsp coffee grounds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- First, preheat a 10” cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Once the pan is hot enough that you can only hold your hand a few inches from the surface for a few seconds, turn the heat down to the medium.
- Meanwhile, combine the coffee grounds, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders.
- Rub this mixture very generously on the steaks, including the sides.
- Once the pan is hot and the heat has been turned down to medium, add the vegetable oil to the pan.
- Carefully tilt the pan to coat it evenly.
- Add the steaks and do not move them for at least 5 minutes.
- Have a meat thermometer handy.
- After 5 minutes, flip the steaks. Depending on how you like your steaks, cook them another 4-9 minutes. I used a meat thermometer to ensure 140-degrees for medium.
- When the steaks are 5-degrees below your ideal range, remove them from the pan and wrap in foil. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Prep time : 5 mins
Cooking time : 16 mins.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400-degrees.
- On a half-sheet pan, add the Brussels sprouts, steak seasoning and olive oil. Toss everything with your hands to coat.
- Roast the sprouts for 13-16 minutes, checking towards the end of the cooking time.
- Serve immediately.