Serves: 6 to 8 servings
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces pasta of your choice
- 3 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 6 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pecans on baking sheet and toast in oven for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, cooking to al dente. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sugar, red wine vinegar, red onion, and salt. Whisk well.
- Add broccoli and grapes to the large bowl with pasta. Gradually add mayonnaise mixture (you may not want to add the whole amount).
- Cover and chill for 3 hours. Stir bacon and pecans into salad just before serving.