Wednesday, 2 December 2015
1. Cook 2 Cups durum wheat pasta until al dente.
2. Gently dry-fry one chopped onion in a heavy-bottomed pot, using only chicken stock water when it sticks. When browned, add ½ C water and simmer till soft.
3. Add 3 rashers finely sliced bacon, and toss until cooked through.
4. Add 1 punnet sliced mushrooms, 1 clove crushed garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. When mushrooms are limp, add ½ tin low-fat ideal milk and 1 t Maizena pre-mixed with a little water to form a paste.
6. Stir until thickened, and serve immediately over pasta.
Top with chopped parsley.