Nutritional content per serving:
2010kj | 77g carbohydrate | 27g protein | 7g fat | 7g fibre
15 ml olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
5-10 ml crushed chili from a jar – John West
2 x 400 g cans of cut, peeled & diced tomatoes (Garlic, Basil and Oregano flavour)
15 ml capers
a hand full of black olives, pitted and chopped
5 ml brown sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
500 g penne pasta
2 x 170 g tuna in oil, drained
Handful fresh basil leaves
1. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and chili until soft and translucent.
2. Add the fresh cut tomatoes, capers, olives and sugar and simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste.
3. Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Drain the pasta and stir the tomato sauce through.
4. Lastly, drain the tuna and scatter over the pasta.
5. Scatter with basil leaves.